I know laytheme compresses images automaticly. But what about the library? If I upload images, will they be saved in the library in their original format - and so, take up a lot of web space?
Can this slow down the website? What format would you advise to save my images in general? Now I have a lot of jpg's of 4500x3000 px (2-3 mb per image), should I already save them in a smaller compression beforehand?
Thank you in advance!
mariusjopen Global Moderator last edited by
you are right. In the library the original files are piling up.
I would advise you to have a maximum size of 2500px and try to keep every image under 1 mb.
It will not really slow don your website though – even if you have big images online. But of course it can be more heavy for your server and to optimize the images upfront is for sure a good idea.
I hope I could help you!
Have a good day!
I don't answer or check forum DMs, please just post on the forum.
Try this to fix issues before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it