Moving went wrong
Hello all the forum,
I recently tried to move from a free hosting (altervista, mtthsstffn.altervista.org ) where I was working, to a sub folder of a domain I own, because I couldn't keep going with the banners from altervista ( .com/ms2017 ).
In the migration process something went wrong, I guess.
I followed all the instructions: backed it up with updraftplus, migrated the database with WP Migrate DB towards the new database, dropped the tables and put the original ones, and moved the wp-content folder in the fresh wp installation.
The problem is that the content doesn't appear in the new website despite it's there (if I check with Filezilla), and I can't either download or upload a version of "updraftplus" to restore the backup, it says: Update Failed! For some reason.
Anybody had the same problem?
mariusjopen Global Moderator last edited by
I had a couple of times issues like that with server from clients.
Possible reasons can be that your database has no prefix or a different one like your new one.
Also there might be an option that you do not have some rights to write on the server.
Maybe the PHP version is not up to date or something is wrong with the htaccess file.
Best is to contact your provider or move to Dreamhost.
I know how you feel!
Good luck and keep us updated!
Hey Marius thank you very much for the reply!
- I checked and matched the database name together with the one in the wp config file.
- I wouldn't have some rights to write, interesting, strange because I own the domain so everything should be open for me.
- How can I update the PHP version or check if the htaccess is legit?
Thanks again, I'll try to move to another server if it doesn't work.
P.S. Any news about the infamous 1und1 problem, if it had been fixed?
Try this to fix issues before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it