I do have an SSL based website (SSL only) on which I want to switch to Lay theme.
Not setting things up I noticed that Chrome and Firefox are not loading images, console shows the following error:
"Mixed Content: The page was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS."
Plus I noticed that the image is loaded locally ("wp-content/uploads...") although I do have a CDN (S3 / CloudFront) set up through W3 Total Cache and would have expected the image to be served through the CDN.
Is there any fix for these?
I was able to solve this. After digging a bit through the database I noticed that obviously because this is an existing website that at some point in the past was not running on SSL, some images were still saved to the database with a hardcoded http-url.
So after deleting those old images and re-uploading them, the problem disappeared :)
Sometimes things can be just easy. And I added this comment just in case someone runs into a similar problem and finds this entry here.
Before you post:
- Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
- Disable all Plugins
- Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code", click "Save Changes"
- When using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache.
This often solves issues you might run into
When you post:
- Post a link to where the problem is
- If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it