Images don't load properly (Apple Safari only)
I'm facing a problem with my Portfolio images, almost every second picture doesn't seem to load properly - see picture attached.
The weird thing - this only happens in Safari, with google chrome everything works properly. Those are the only browsers I tried till now.
Even after deleting the whole cache and browser data of safari.
Also the link to the picture seems to be another one, as if I load it with google chrome.
1st. Picture Safari:
1st. Picture Google Chrome:
Hope there is a quick solution to fix that, cause it's kind of a bad experience for everybody visiting through safari right now.
Ok, I found out it was caused by the automatically created resized versions of the images.
Now I deactivated this function, which really slowed down the loading times.
Is there any way to optimize that? Or force Wordpress to create new resized image versions?
mariusjopen Global Moderator last edited by
there are plugins for Wordpress to reduce the size of the images.
Also you can try to save the images smaller in Photoshop's save for web.
All the best :-)
I don't answer or check forum DMs, please just post on the forum.
Try this to fix issues before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it