Automatically Create Thumbnail Grids of Images
Dear Armin, I am wondering if there is any way to have a feature to automaticallly generate image grids:
a selection of images in the "Add image" Media Library, creates a grid (adjustable with plus minus and mouse)
categories that you can attribute to each image in the media library: with the selection of these categories I define if an image is showing up in a grid:.
for example a photographer has all photos sorted in projects and gave them the two categories "landscape" or "portrait". Now she/he wants to show these in an overview on two category-pages, besides having them sorted in single projects.
In my case it’s a gallery, which wants to show all images from one artist of all shows on one page: so categories would be "name of artist" "work" and "exhibition view" and I would show all images of one artist with just the works and not the exhibition views included
this question came us just recently as well.
Until now it is not possible to use a thumbnail grid for an image gallery.
it is a great idea and we wrote it down for the future.
Until then… you need to find a different solution.
Before you post
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it