Stacked images blog - technical question
I'm planning to build a one page photography blog, which I would like to create with the gridder system.
The images will be quite large (about 70% of screen width), no lighbox, no inner pages.
I really like Lay and the gridder because of live image resizing system and the smart preloader that loads the image only when you scroll down to it.
I'm planning to upload 1 image per day, so I guess that after awhile there will be an enormous amount of images on this page.
I'm concerned, whether this will slow down the page load time and the general experience? or the gridder will always just preload the first image and deal with the rest of data after only after scrolling down?
Thanks a lot,
the images will get loaded when you scroll. Not before.
I recommend to test it and upload 100 or 200 images.
Then you can see it :-)
All the best!!
Before you post
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it