more control over navbar's border dimensions
i'm working on my website and would like to have a bit more of control over the navbar borders (left and right margins as well as the top border's padding (distance in relationship to the top of the page as well as to the site title).
an example can be found here:
in my case, i could define the navbar's bottom border's left margin to 1%. the same, strangely, didn't work for the right margin; it just goes until the end of the page no matter what.
and, with "border-top: thin solid", i could add the top border, but i would like to define how distant it is from the top of the page
i have almost no css/html knowledge and only copy/pasted solutions i found around the web, so i'm sorry in advance if the topic is is too basic.
would be great if you could give me a hand on this one.
it helps to see the website. Can you upload it for us?
sure, here it is: www.gabrielbecak.co
ok. Now I see what you mean.
It is a bit complex to explain you how to do it.
I strongly recommend to make a basic CSS course at Codeacademy.
The stuff you need to do is all very basic and you should be able to do it yourself.
After you did the course and tried it – I am happy to answer specific questions.
Before you post
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it