Animated GIFs not playing on mobile
Very close to launching a site and we have a snag that we can't figure out. It looks like animated GIF's are being compressed for mobile devices which is causing the animation to break and become just a static image. GIFs are playing on Desktop, they're just not working on smaller devices when the smaller, compressed file is shown. Is there a workaround/fix for this? Can that particular feature be disabled for GIFs? We need them to play on smaller devices.
Working GIF (original image uploaded through laygridder): http://dev.raptstudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/cup-1.gif
Non Working GIF (saved by laygridder): http://dev.raptstudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/cup-1-768x768.gif
We're using the laygridder plugin by the way. Assuming the answer may apply to both the theme and the plugin...
Your insights are appreciated!
we will look into this!
Thank you Marius. Please keep me posted.
Thanks for the heads up!
If you update, it should work now!
Have a good day
Before you post
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it