Hello there, thank you in advance for your precious help without which I would be lost. I tried to find already existing discussion, but maybe I don't know what is the name of what I'm looking for.
I would like to do a part of a website like this http://nadinegoepfert.com/
with images that occupy the whole viewport height in background, one after the other, the thing is that I want to use a part of the width white to have text because my image is vertical so it will be dyptics text + image. What is the best way to achieve this? Should I upload a background with already a white part where i will put my text after (see attached) or is there a way to make an image the whole height of the browser and put some text centered next to it so that the white space becomes "responsive" with the reduction of the browser width?
Plus: do you know which effect is the one Nadine Goepfert's website is using to pass from one section to the other? Is not parallax, isn't it?
Thank you a lot
Yes, there are a couple of ways to achieve this:
- Like you said with the white image background. For the mobile version you can insert a different image.
- CUSTOM CSS: You can style the background image with css that it only takes half of the screen.
Before you post:
- Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
- Disable all Plugins
- Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code", click "Save Changes"
- When using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache.
This often solves issues you might run into
When you post:
- Post a link to where the problem is
- Does the problem happen on Chrome, Firefox, Safari or iPhone or Android?
- If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it