Autoplay videos in Carousel doesn’t work on mobile
I’ve put two carousels on my desktop page and filled them with a couple of very short videos that I want to play in an automatic and random loop. It works totally fine in the desktop version, but when I check the site on mobile, each video has a play button and doesn’t start automatically. The general autoplay settings of the carousel add-on are getting ignored.
Is this a current bug or am I doing this wrong?
Thank you very much!
autoplay does many times not work on mobile. It is a mobile browser issue.
Thanks for your reply!
So what would be a good work-around? I tried to export the videos as smaller GIFs, but even if I reduce the resolution to half, drop the framerate, and create GIFS with a smaller filesize compared to the mp4-videofile, carousels struggles a lot displaying them.
Is there a better strategy I could go for?
I think gifs are the only option in this case. You can use an alternative layout for the mobile version.
Before you post
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it