we did set up our new website design with Wordpress/Laytheme on one of our three domains www.brightenthecorners.co.uk. For our other two domains we set the path to the same Wordpress/Laytheme folder. So when you also visit use www.brightenthecorners.com or www.brightenthecorners.de you will see the same content as on the .co.uk domain.
Now we want to get rid of our co.uk plus our .de domains and only keep the .com domain. Is there an easy way (this did not work: http://laytheme.com/documentation.html#moving-website) that the wp-admin now runs on http://brightenthecorners.com/wp-admin instead of http://brightenthecorners.co.uk/wp-admin?
yes. You could change the ending of the URL in the General settings.
But be aware. You might run into trouble when the server is not perfectly set up.
What I recommend you is the following – even if it is more work:
- Make a backup of your website
- Install Wordpress under the new domain
- Import your backup
Have a look at Updraft Plus for the backup.
I see you are using 1&1. They might help you with this as well.
Thanks for pointing me to Updraft. This works perfect!
very happy to hear!
Before you post
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it