FOUT / Unformatted Text Flashing Up
Hi hi, so I use a custom uploaded sans-serif font / .woff file.
Now in any browser on first website load I get a brief blib of Times New Roman / serif font before the correct styling is applied. Is there a quick WP work around or direct solution via the lay theme itself or do I need some more complex steps to remedy?
how did you integrate the font? Do you use any CUSTOM CSS or plugins?
Can you try to upload the same font in another version?
EDIT: I have un-installed all of my webfonts except the two .woff2 cuts currently in use + I was off-line for a few hours too (comp reboot incl. etc) and the issue is gone or minimally apparent and more FOIT than FOUT in Firefox but by now my eyes are FOUT'ed up so I'm likely oversensitive haha - anyway - I hope this will be helpful to anyone experiencing font load delays -> Before you go mad unload any webfonts not in use and do system reboot and clear dns cache etc to have a neutral look at font load time performance and behaviour again.
Thank you @Biatch for letting us know!
Before you post
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it