Thanks for letting me in!
I'm pretty new to WP and I tried to install the theme as a child theme (https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes)
When I'd done the steps and tried to activate the theme the site is just went blank (white background).
Do you know why? I have most certainly done something stupid. :)
arminunruh Global Moderator last edited by
Sorry, Lay Theme doesn't support Child Themes :sweat:.
Why do you want to install it as a Child Theme? Do you want to customize Lay Theme further by adding your own code?
I guess so.
In many ways Lay Theme is a lot different than a normal WordPress Theme. The frontend is a Single Page App made with Backbone js and Marionette js. The content of the website is retrieved through a JSON API http://wp-api.org/. No WordPress php templates other than index.php, footer.php and header.php are used.
Thanks for a fast reply!
Ah, then I know why it didn't work. No worries.
I'll share my experience with you later when I have tested the theme more.
Have a nice day!
arminunruh Global Moderator last edited by arminunruh
Cool! Yeah let me know how your experience was.
I think there are still things to improve.
Have a nice day too!
Try this to fix issues before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it