Custom font disappears after some time + Vimeo problem
first of all thanks for the great theme, I'm building the site right now.
I'm having two problems – maybe because I downloaded the theme when it was free? Do I need a license to make it work? Or because of WP 4.5?
Anyway, here the things:
- my custom webfont disappears in the following session. In the backend the font is accepted, but not in the browser (tested with Safari & Firefox)..
- I cannot embed a vimeo-link, the "ok"-button is greyed out.
Thanks a lot!
Update: In Firefox, the whole page is blank, only mouse over names of the projects appear.
can you send me the link of your website?
This post is deleted!
I get this error:
"Mixed Content: The page at 'https://robinbaum.net/site/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image 'http://robinbaum.net/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Vorschaubild-Showreel.jpg'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS."
Can you try to disable https/ssl in your webhost?
Yeah vimeo. That has been a bug since a long time that some people who use safari reported. Unfortunately i was never able to reproduce that bug and could never fully fix it.
Are u using safari? Which version of safari? Can you please try to insert a vimeo video with chrome? That should work I think.
Thanks for the reply - yes, disabling https helps, the blank page/typo problem disappears, looks good. So https is out of the game, or is there a workaround?
Still having problems with vimeo, even in chrome, firefox as well, I cannot click the ok button... Any ideas? Safari is Version 9.1.
Used this in the functions.php, uploaded all images and .woff again, all settings to https and now SSL seems to work.
But still no chance to insert vimeo videos.
Hey rbnbm, can you please send me the login data to your wordpress backend? And the urls of the vimeo videos that you would like to insert. To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Probably the thing you changed in the funtions.php didnt change anything but reuploading the images updated their urls to their https urls so that might be the reason why it works now.
You can try to remove the things you put into the functions.php.
Your functions.php will be overwritten anyway when you update lay theme next time a new update comes out.
Before you post
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it