Using Lay Theme as a way to learn web development
I´ve been using Lay Theme for a while now...But besides copying and pasting some CSS here and there, snooping around other LayTheme websites with google inspector tool, I´ve never really managed to dig into coding.
So my question is, what tools should I need for this?
- FTP like FileZilla?
- Github account maybe?
- Code editor like Atom?
- What more?
Tips on how do you usually work on Laytheme code would be really nice to hear!
the tools are very simple.
A good editor. Atom, Visual Studio or Sublime will do.
And FTP like Filezilla or Cyberduck are recommendable.
And off we go!
Github is not important to get started with.
I would watch 2 or 3 tutorials of how to build a Wordpress Theme from scratch. Maybe even a course at Udemy or Lynda.
If I work on Laytheme I just use Google Inspector, the CUSTOM CODE section and no tools.
Sometimes a code editor to backup the code which I wrote. But that is it.
Before you post
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it