Acces to content made with standard WP text editor
This question is probably a grand old classic: How do i get access to text content on posts created with the traditional WP Text Editor while being on a different theme?
Im importing a 500 pages art-archive from an old art duo and moving them to Laytheme, they are on straight up HTML page, im importing these to WP posts - and i would like a "relatively" quick way to see old text content and paste it into new layouts on Lay...
Any ideas? Im not a developer so hoping for checkboxes that i didnt find ;)
mariusjopen Global Moderator last edited by
I think there is no way. But I will ask Armin as well.
thank you so much :)
arminunruh Global Moderator last edited by
how about having 2 websites,
one is the new lay theme website
and the other is the old one
you could also remove the following line in /lay/setup/setup.php
"remove_post_type_support( 'post', 'editor' );"
using an ftp client to modify the file
I don't answer or check forum DMs, please just post on the forum.
Before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it