Trying to re-install the Carousel plugin. Apparently my site robbyday.info was not compatible with php 7.2 and I couldn't access my site at all, so I had Dreamhost change my site back to php 5.6 (which they say they are phasing out). I updated to the latest version of LayTheme (which I hope will be compatible with php 7.2) but when I try to install carousel I now get this string of messages:
Installing Plugin from uploaded file: laytheme-carousel.zip
Unpacking the package…
Installing the plugin…
Could not create directory. /home/robday18/robbyday.info/wp-content/plugins/laytheme-carousel/
Plugin installation failed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Looks like some classic read write issues.
Could you check (via FTP-Client) if your wp-content folder is set to 755?
If «No»: Set the rights to 755 and try again.
If you don’t know how to do this Dreamhost surely can help you with this.
Hope that helps!
PHP 7.2 shouldn’t be an issue. I’m using 7.1–7.3 with different installations and they all work just fine.
Before you post:
- Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
- Disable all Plugins
- Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code", click "Save Changes"
- When using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache.
This often solves issues you might run into
When you post:
- Post a link to where the problem is
- If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it