Images instead of text to create menu ( social media icons bar menu )
I thought it would be nice if we could have a choice between text or images for the menu, like this we could upload png icons and create a more appealing menu.
dani last edited by
@bfrnd Hi Loïk,
For social media icons you could use css. For example: http://ensemble20degres.com (bottom left, in footer)
If you want to use images you can also use css. Just assign the background-image property of the menu items as an image.
edgrbnz last edited by edgrbnz
A very clean way would be to make a small font, Upload it to Lay Options / Webfonts and then make a Text Format for your navigation and use the icons there.
This would be all vector and hover styles etc. would also apply as they do for text.
mariusjopen Global Moderator last edited by
I don't answer or check forum DMs, please just post on the forum.
Before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it