Footer covered by safari nav bar
I have a sticky footer on my website (FYI its doesn't have much content so the pages are quite short).
When I view the page on mobile the black safari nav bar covers the footer. Is there a way to have the footer sit above the nav bar?
edgrbnz last edited by
Could you please supply any screenshots or links to illustrate the problem?
This post is deleted!
edgrbnz last edited by edgrbnz
Now I see!
Well… the only thing you could do about this is giving the footer more padding / margin / space to the bottom.
That iOS Safari Interface is designed to be over the content. It only hides while scrolling and comes back in as soon as you touch the bottom part of the screen (or scroll up).
Afaik there’s no efficient way to make it behave differently.
No worries, thanks
mariusjopen Global Moderator last edited by
You could give the footer a position absolute and bottom 20px.
But that will have other consequences as well.
Not very recommendable.
A padding bottom is a good idea @edgrbnz
I don't answer or check forum DMs, please just post on the forum.
Before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it