Hi Armin / Marius
I was just wondering if others had contacted you regarding their websites being Hacked?
I recently updated to the latest theme 3.0.0 and had updated all the plugins - ( I don't use any other
external plugins ) but two days after the update I was hacked and was receiving this message
The resource requested could not be found on this server.
My hosts luckily keep updated backups, but they were able to tell me that the hack didn't happen through
the Cpanel or FTP and thought it must have been through the site itself!?
I have now reset my wordpress passwords - could it be that some security updates within the theme or
theme provided plugins have been missed??
mariusjopen Global Moderator last edited by
nothing about LayTheme but security of the server and Wordpress in general.
Always use a safe password, for FTP, database, provider and Wordpress.
And stay updated.
Wordpress websites are getting attacked quite a lot.
I don't answer or check forum DMs, please just post on the forum.
Before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it