A new section in the Lay Theme Documentation has been added regarding site performance:
In General for speeding up your website try this:
Use a WordPress caching plugin:
- Make sure "Lay Options" → "Lazy Loading" is activated
- Try to use video files that are smaller in file-size
- Use HTML5 videos instead of gifs (doesn't apply here)
- Disable any plugins you don't use
- Try and see if you can use a CDN in your webhost control panel
- Ask your webhost why your site might be loading slowly, if maybe for example the server is slow. Maybe you can upgrade your webhosting package to a faster one.
- In your case you could also try disabling "lay options" → Disable Ajax / Compatibility Mode, It seems like you have this option activated. This can at least speed up subsequent pageloads when you click on links on your website. It does not speed up the initial website page load
- If you use HTML5 videos on desktop and use the same videos for phone, they might be too big for phone. In this case you could create a Custom Phone Layout and insert Videos with smaller file size. "Handbrake" is a desktop app that I recommend for compressing videos. Or you could just use YouTube or Vimeo Videos.
Thank you for your questions on this thread, it has led to better support for you and all user's of Lay Theme,
I sincerely hope this helps you :)
Have a wonderful day