I got a Problem concerning the Category Filter (nice one!). It's working good on Desktop and iPad but not on Mobile.
Even if in the setting-panel I chose "Show Category Filter" It does not appear on the Phone. On my Admin panel is showing (screenshot) but not on the Phone. (see screenshots attached).
Please Help me with this issue.
Thank you in advance!
Please to be sure before proceeding:
- Wordpress, Lay Theme & Laytheme's Addons are all up to date ?
- Any Custom CSS or JS that may interfere is temporarily removed.
- Any third-party plugins de-activated to see if this resolves the issue.
- If using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache.
If these do not help or apply to you @GiuseppeMig :
Send your website address, /wp-admin/ username and password and a link to this topic to firstname.lastname@example.org?
And will try to get this Bug sorted out as soon as possible
Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused and as always thank you for being a user of Lay Theme!
Website looks great BTW :)
Your website shows up for me.
The error you sent to me says it is a network protocol issue, that may be an issue with the server or your wifi, maybe write your webhost support team.
On your frontpage you are using a custom phone layout. In there, there is no thumbnailgrid element with a filter, instead there are just thumbnails in a row.
You either need to delete the custom phone layout or change the content of the custom phone layout to have a thumbnailgrid with a filter.
Thanks for your reply.
I wrote my Web host they wrote me back that is everything all right (?)
I created a copy of my homepage, you can see it here: https://giuseppemig.com/home-2
On this copy I added a thumbnailgrid element with filters. Even if in my setting panel it's showing me that the filters are there, when I go online and see it on phone, no filters are appearing (screenshot).
Thanks in advance!
Before you post:
- Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
- Disable all Plugins
- Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code", click "Save Changes"
- When using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache.
This often solves issues you might run into
When you post:
- Post a link to where the problem is
- Does the problem happen on Chrome, Firefox, Safari or iPhone or Android?
- If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it