I have created some anchor tag (#tagesgericht) on this page https://luitpoldundauguste.de/bistro/
It’s accessible from the text and image on the top left of the page (Tagesgericht…), which works fine.
If you access it from the navigation item “Tagesgericht” in Firefox it doesnt work properly. It moves the page to the specific image, but right away it brings you back to the top of the page. If you hit the anchor inside the navigation again, it kind of works.
It is also not possible to reach the top of the page by hitting the navigation item “Bistro,” which is the same page, just without the anchor. I noticed this in Safari and Firefox.
I noticed a few other reports about buggy anchors here, but none of these worked for me. Thank you for further advise and your time!
Will forward this right away :)
As always to be sure:
- Wordpress, Lay Theme & Laytheme's Addons are all up to date ?
- Any Custom CSS or JS that may interfere is temporarily removed.
- Any third-party plugins de-activated to see if this resolves the issue.
- If using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache.
- If your WordPress Dashboard shows a warning "PHP Update required"
please update your PHP version in your webhost control panel.
Talk soon & best wishes
Thanks for getting back to me. Everything is up to date, no warnings (php, etc.) are shown. I disabled the only third party plugin temporarily, but the anchor tag still did not work, as described above.
Thank you for further advise!
Before you post:
- Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
- Disable all Plugins
- Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code", click "Save Changes"
- When using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache.
This often solves issues you might run into
When you post:
- Post a link to where the problem is
- If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it