Polylang / Switch between Pages doesn't work.
fabiandraxl last edited by
I did setup my site with two languages (DE Main / EN Secondary) from the beginning, I had like everybody else troubles with polylang and the front-page, but I was able to fix it and at the end the complete site was working (translating) properly.
My Client started to fill the pages with new content and recreated some of the pages.
My problem is: that when I visit a site and switch the language, the website redirects to a random other page. I checked if some of the links of the corresponding translations where broken, but ervreything seems fine, I also tried to delete and recreate the menu, reinstalling the Plugin, but nothing seems to help ...
Does anybody have an idea, what is causing the error?!
Thank you in advance !
Here the Site: https://asf.uni-ak.ac.at/en/
Hi @fabiandraxl, can I ask you how you solved the front-page problem? Thank you!
fabiandraxl last edited by fabiandraxl
Hej @Guido ,
You have to create a string translation for the front page. Ajax was definitely not the problem, and I also had an issue with the permalinks.
Here is the discussion with Polylang support:
Hope this helps you...
Best regards, Fabi
im releasing an update now that fixes this
Before you post
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it