Anchor link reloads page before scrolling
I have a link which scrolls to an element on the same page but it reloads the page before going to the element.
See here for an example and click on, 'Book a Table': https://fivemarch.co.uk/gosangatsu
See how it scrolls to the booking element immediately but then reloads before scrolling to it again.
Is there a way where it will just scroll to it without needing to reload the page?
I see there are some 3rd party Plugins installed along with console errors.
It is likely your Wordpress back-end environment and not Lay Theme.
"Lay Theme is not responsible for compatibility with all 3rd-party plugins."
Wordpress, Lay Theme & Laytheme's Addons are all up to date ?
Any custom CSS or JS that may interfere is temporarily removed.
Any third-party plugins are de-activated to see if this resolves the issue.
Also you reference reloading page, check out AJAX in Lay Options :
Please test Lay Theme in this vanilla environment and see if the anchor works as it should. 🌝
From there you can add plugins back in 1 by 1 and see when the clash occurs - isolating the problem plugin.
Before you post
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it