Page not found
My website is www.mikeabmaier.com
Sometimes i send some links to files on my webspace, but when i type something wrong there are some projects(?) shown up instead of "page not found" (only in the title its page not found) - when im logged in also "private" pages", so not sure if you can see them - example:
this file does not exist:
it goes to a private project: https://www.mikeabmaier.com/tipico-sportwetten-2/
- when im not logged in, it seems to go to this project:
why my 404 page is not shown??
did i anything wrong or is this a bug?
It seems that any strange url that i type in goes to a functional page (what i believe you have set to be your homepage) e.g https://www.mikeabmaier.com/fdfddsdsdsds
Unsure why without further research but is this truly a bug? isnt this a good thing? A feature?
Rather than getting a bad blank page a user is directed to your webpage and can be good for these situations. When testing on my site a page not found 404 error, wordpress will revert to the Homepage - this is a good feature no?
Talk soon 🌝
@Richard well actually you are right, the Problem is, That it Goes to a test-page or a Page That is Not linked on my Website…
If it would link to my startpage it would be perfect.
Interesting - Is your homepage set in "customizer" or in > settings > reading ( note: the second option is not recommended.)
Changing my "frontpage" in Customizer and then using a false url will revert back to it, changing my front page multiple times to test this also works.
Interesting that yours is not so... 🧐
Before you post
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it