Website loads slowly
New to posting on here but have been using Lay for several years and absolutely love it :). Recently though (since around February) my site has gotten really slow and takes ages to load the images and content. I've tried compressing my images, wp cache plugins but it still loads really slow? Any ideas or tips?
Sorry not sure what category to put this under - but would love any advice! I'm a bit of a novice.
www.adamkammin.com I use Chrome mainly.
Have you read the "Speeding up your Website" section of Lay Theme's documentation ?
Best wishes & have a wonderful day 🌝
felix_rabe last edited by
@adamk u use a lot of high quality gifs with 10 mb in size on your homepage, and suqeeze them into small thumbnails. I think it will run faster if you optimize this.
Before you post
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it