I just want to preface this by saying Laytheme is already amazing but here are some suggestions that I'd love to see implemented in the future if possible!
Tag bubble/filter system:
- Images from projects appear/populate instantly from a project when you click on a Tag Bubble.
https://alandimmick.com/archive/#category-year - I am heavily utilising the Tag filter system here and it would be incredible if when you click on a Tag Bubble all of the images appear instantly rather than a thumbnail link to the page. As occasionally users think there is only one image when really there is hundreds - they just don’t click the project thumbnail.
- Option for Tag bubbles on y-axis for mobiles
I personally prefer having it on the y-axis but have noticed some people aren’t seeing that you need to drag on the y-axis for more tag bubbles to appear and are missing out on important categories.
- A way for the user to sort through images by ‘ascending’, ‘descending’ or a 'random' sort
The same website I have designed has hundreds of images on various project (an example: https://alandimmick.com/all-glasgow/). The images are in chronological order from earliest to latest and would be great if the user could adjust this so the latest images showed at the top or even just a way to randomise them.
- A way when you add images to an element grid the new images appear at the bottom so you don’t need to manually drag them from the top to the bottom on the ‘Element Order’ panel.
This project called, ‘All Glasgow’ (example: https://alandimmick.com/all-glasgow/), it contains hundreds of photographs taken from 1978 until 1999. In the future I’ll be adding later years, 2000 onwards and they’ll need to appear at the bottom of the element grid as they need the order to be from earliest to latest and when I add these 2000 onwards photos I’ll need to manually drag hundreds of images to the bottom of the grid. Something like this would really speed up this process.
- Adjust order by dragging from the preview window rather than the ‘Element order’.
Again, something like this would really speed up the process as you can see the images much larger as opposed to the, 'Element Order' panel'.
- Captions in the media library have an option to be automatically applied to, ‘Lightbox caption’.
If when I upload an image to the 'Media Library' I can type in the caption straight away and then there is an option to automatically apply this to the 'Lightbox caption'.
Mobile lightbox has its own option for ‘Space around image’.
- I'd like less space around images on mobile and more space around images for desktop but it's difficult to achieve with only one option that is applied to both screen sizes.
Zoom on the mobile lightbox option.
- I realise this could be glitchy but it would be amazing if you could make it possible to pinch/zoom on the mobile lightbox. As in some of the landscape/horizontal photos I am uploading there are details you might miss if you can’t pinch/zoom into them.
- The 'Search bar' finds images based on their caption and opens in a lightbox.
This would be great for the aforementioned website that has thousand's of images.
I hope all that makes sense and let me know if you would like me to explain further! It would be great to see these in the future.