I am a musician and bought Laytheme after a design friend recommended it.
Now I see the only way to implement audio is to embed soundcloud links. If I didn
t overlook a feature. The problem is I dont want soundcloud branding on my website.
Could there be an audio player in the future? Or should I get another solution like another wordpress template?
hey Julius! i guess you want to embed audio using wordpress' standard/built-in mp3 player. That one doesn't work in lay theme currently, but I believe its a bit ugly anyway.
Anyway, to get an unbranded audio player, please upload an mp3 into your media library. Then click on that mp3 to open the information and copy the "URL".
Now in the gridder please go to "+more" -> "+html".
<audio src="YOUR-URL" controls> </audio>
Here is a very technical explanation about the "audio" tag: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Web/HTML/Element/audio
Here is a list of embeds that should work (in case you dont want to go for the unbranded audio player):
this includes spotify. If your song is played through spotify you get some money for that no?
This post is deleted!
Before you post
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it