I have just activated the news feature with the following settings on my page.
As soon as I change the domain to something else, the page with the news element works.
But I really want to use the mydomain.com/news. What can I do?
And I cant change my permalink Structure, because the Site is allready live ...
so i just read through the issue again
this works as expected
all the slug is saying is the news posts will be reachable when prepended with the /news/ slug
so for example one of your news is:
and it works
if you were to change the slug to "abc", you'd see the news here:
this setting does not at all create a page with this url:
you need to create a page like that by yourself in "pages" and then insert a news overview element: +more -> +news
Hej Armin, thank you for getting into this again.
I can follow all your input, but I already created a News element on my page which is not showing up: https://rsc-inzing.com/news.
Here a screenshot for proof:
If you duplicate the page to another domain like: https://rsc-inzing.com/news-duplicate/ it works perfectly fine.
How to fix that? Thanks
Before you post:
- Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
- Disable all Plugins
- Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code", click "Save Changes"
- When using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache.
This often solves issues you might run into
When you post:
- Post a link to where the problem is
- Does the problem happen on Chrome, Firefox, Safari or iPhone or Android?
- If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it