In want a customer account to be automatically created on checkout. I activated the fields:
-Allow customers to place orders without an account
-Allow customers to log into an existing account during checkout
-Allow customers to create an account during checkout
-When creating an account, automatically generate an account username for the customer based on their name, surname or email
-When creating an account, automatically generate an account password
Unfortunately nothing changes after that. The customers don't get any account E-Mail (I activated the new Account email template) and I can't see any change on the page.
How should it work with the lay theme?
maybe your webserver doesnt send out emails?
on one website i did a shop on i needed to use an extra plugin for email sending.
it was one of these i think
MailPoet (Plugin) – Send unlimited emails free per month (1,000 unique recipients limit).
Mailjet (Plugin) – Send 6,000 emails free per month.
Sendinblue (Plugin) – Send 9,000 emails free per day.
Postmark (Plugin) – Priced plans start at 10,000 emails a month.
Amazon SES (Plugin) – Send 62,000 emails free per month if your website is hosted on AWS or pricing starts at $0.10 for every 1,000 emails.
Before you post:
- Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
- Disable all Plugins
- Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code", click "Save Changes"
- When using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache.
This often solves issues you might run into
When you post:
- Post a link to where the problem is
- Does the problem happen on Chrome, Firefox, Safari or iPhone or Android?
- If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it