wp-admin ddos'es itself by get_thumbnailgrid_filter_markup when editing a category
We have 58 projects in the main "Work" category. We use a Thumbnail Grid w/ Custom Order to display it. When we edit the category (just open it, nothing else), it makes hundreds (800+) of requests to admin-ajax.php until our hosting provider gives up and 503s us for a couple of minutes. We essentially DDOS ourselves.
No other themes, plugins; Lay theme is current, at 5.2.4. Looks like the problem started after an update from 4.something to 5.1.0.
Affects multiple browsers on multiple OSes.
I think we can work around this issue by recreating the category; it still shouldn't happen.
Here's the Network tab:
The offending request, that seems stuck in an infinite loop is a POST to admin-ajax.php. It returns a 200, but zero bytes.
And a stack trace for the (sorry, low res screenshot only) initiator.
arminunruh Global Moderator last edited by
oh damn yea that shouldnt happen
can you send your website address, /wp-admin/ username and password and a link to this topic to email@example.com?
I don't answer or check forum DMs, please just post on the forum.
Before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. Now see if your problem solved itself
5. Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it