i am currently working on a child theme for lay theme.
when i upload my child theme in wordpress > themes > upload.
everything works fine and all custom styles are applied.
except that all settings from the customizer seem to be overwritten. i guess my child theme is somehow overwriting the parents theme settings for customizer.
however in my code i am not overwriting the customizer at any time.
in my child theme there is only the bare essentials: style.css and function.php, which enqueues the style.
i already took a look here: http://laythemeforum.com:4567/topic/441/main-menu-dropdown/4
and i used the lay-child.zip file you provided.
wordpress saves the customizer settings separately for each theme!
I don't answer or check forum DMs, please just post on the forum.
Before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. When using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache. Now see if your problem solved itself.
Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it