are HTML 5 videos lazy-loading within a gallery?
I am working on a website with a lot of carousells (around 20) which all feature some images and a very small html5 video. I managed to compress the videos and images to around 200-300k.
The performance is very bad unfortunately. Is it simply a bad idea to have this many auto-playing videos on a page or is there potential for optimising the performance?
This leads me to my main question: Could it be, that the html5 videos within a carouse don't lazy load? (of course I checked both the general and carousel specific settings and enabled lazy loading for both).
Furthermore I am wondering: is there an option which only allows the video within the viewport to be autoplayed?
Thanks a lot for answering the question about the lazyloading and any help with this problem. Best, Jahn.
can you send the website address?
i'm releasing an update for the carousel addon now that will lazyload html5 videos in carousels.
lmk if it works for you!
@arminunruh WOW – this update really saves my ass. it loads so much better now. thank you!
very nice !! <3
I don't answer or check forum DMs, please just post on the forum.
Before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. When using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache. Now see if your problem solved itself.
Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it