With the updates my site has become very slow sloooooow
first of all thank for your amazing work!!! Laytheme is becoming more and more solely a design tool for websites, not a coding tool at all!!!! Lovi it!
Though, I have a tiny problem: with the updates my site has become very sloooooow. I haven't changed much in weeks. What could I do to speed up the site?
Thank for your support!
Website -> here
i see u're using png images. they dont get compressed by wordpress, so they are too large!
take a look at this reel:
make sure u use that plugin, it converts your images to webp files, they load much faster.
another possibitliy would be to use jpg images instead
the initial loading of your website is 12mb!
if you use firefox, update lay theme go to lay options → misc options and → other
and enable video lazyloading for firefox
u need to update lay theme for that setting to show up
@arminunruh Ok thank you! I just activated the plugin. Haha, the website crashed! 😆 I will check it later. But all your suggestions sound plausible! Thank you!
I don't answer or check forum DMs, please just post on the forum.
Before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. When using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache. Now see if your problem solved itself.
Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it