DISABLED FIREFOX LAZYLOADING BRAKES WEBSITE
Our website consists of a waterfall of images and auto-play html5 video snippets. For the last couple of years that has worked pretty well. With the recent changes of disabled lazyloading in Firefox (I read in another post here that FF was causing bugs) all Videos present on the page seem to clog the upfront loading process and make our site really slow and buggy on devices with less processing power and not ultrafast internet. Safari as far as I can tell from the page inspector behaves as usual, loading when needed.
Are there any workarounds we could deploy for our case or changes coming concerning the lazyload process in Firefox?
sure, i will add an option to lay options → other
will release the update in an hour or two
i disabled html5 video lazyloading for firefox, because when navigating on a website, sometimes the videos would disappear on firefox!
oh and please dont type your post title in all caps thanks :)
Thanks a lot @arminunruh! It fixed our problem right away. And sorry about the caps lock ;)
@arminunruh It seems the latest LayTheme Updates have broken the Video Lazyload again for our site. Safari and Firefox (Desktop and Mobile) Only load the images and leave the videos blank. With the browsers progress bar indicating continuous loading.
yea i now use a new lazyloading library for html5 videos. i tested it with firefox and it worked for me
but i can see how it doesn't really work.
im going to revert back to the old way of lazyloading html5 videos now, and will release the update later today
can u update now and let me know if it works?
dear @arminunruh, was away for a bit. I'm on 6.0.0 now and it works again! Thanks a lot!
I don't answer or check forum DMs, please just post on the forum.
Before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. When using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache. Now see if your problem solved itself.
Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it