Retain Place-Freely position when adding elements on top
I've just discovered the layering possibilities of place-freely! It gives us the ability to influence the Z order on a Y-Parallax heavy waterfall website.
Every time we add new rows above, though, the place freely objects shift their position. Which is probably perfect for certain layout situations. In our case it means going back and reposition the affected images with each design change.
It would be great If they had an option to wouldn't keep their position relative to the surrounding space.
wait a few days for the new "horizontal grid" setting! im working on it at the moment
take a look at the story on www.instagram.com/laytheme
using a horizontal grid, elements can be positioned quite freely, however, they will still be bound to rows, so when you insert rows on top, they will move down
Thanks Armin. I just saw the new permanent Layer window. If I change the order of images (non "place-freely ones) does it affect their z-index?
yes it will
@arminunruh Thank you so much for the Horizontal Grid / Layer Updates. That is sooo helpful!
im happy you like it! :))
I don't answer or check forum DMs, please just post on the forum.
Before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. When using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache. Now see if your problem solved itself.
Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it