News feature bug?
For this site I designed, I think there might be a ‘minor’ bug within the News Section feature.
The News category is called ‘Events & Projects’ which contains a thumbnail grid – with featured thumbnail images, post titles, and text excerpts.
Whenever this category page is refreshed, the content of the page disappears! I have click on the menu item to get the content back. Not sure why this happens.
I’ve turned off the custom code and disabled the plugins, didn’t make any difference.
Let me know if you need more info.
you will need to change the permalink of this page
because your news slug setting:
when you're on that page it loads wordpress' built-in "news post type archive page" because it has the same url. however, that page is empty and you can't change its content. :)
Ah, I see — thanks for explaining.
I don't answer or check forum DMs, please just post on the forum.
Before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. When using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache. Now see if your problem solved itself.
Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it