customize thumbnail grid category filter
I'm working on a website and would like to add a specific feature:
When clicking a category filter: a short description text of the category should appear between the filter list and the thumbnail grid.
This is how the website looks so far:
Would be happy to get some advice on how to approach this task with custom code...
thank you very much!
bind click events to the filters
read out the data-slug attributes:
insert a div element into the dom at the right location containing some text. the text depends on the data-slug value
you will probably also have to check if that div element exists already and then just replace its content:
and then style this with css
I don't answer or check forum DMs, please just post on the forum.
Before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. When using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache. Now see if your problem solved itself.
Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it