Unable to update laytheme
Hi! Apparently I'm not able to update Lay Theme on my website https://www.giuliadebenedetto.com/ : some of the recent features are not showing and I'm also having troubles with plugins.
Is there a way to fix this?
I've been using Lay Theme since 2015 :(
Also: I don't have a license because I downloaded a free version of the theme with some kind of promotion back in June 2015 – I can give you the receipt if necessary.
ah i see! yea lay theme was free back then!
you can download the free version on laytheme.com
it doesnt contain all new features though, and it has a button "made with laytheme.com"
if you like your website, you can just leave it like it is!
much has changed and the html structure has changed too. so if you'd update to a new lay theme version, your custom css likely wont work anymore and you'd have to adapt it.
@arminunruh Thank you!
So if I want the latest features in my website I need to buy a license or download the free version (the one with the button with the credits)?
There is no way to upgrade the theme that I already have, even if I delete all the custom CSS?
Is that correct?
I don't answer or check forum DMs, please just post on the forum.
Before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. When using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache. Now see if your problem solved itself.
Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it