wp offload media
We are having some very unusual issues with delivering media via WP Offload Media ever since we updated Lay Theme back in June. Some of our media is delivered via the correct CDN address, some is delivered via local files, and some is simply not delivered (Lay Theme somehow adds a "www" to the CDN URL).
(1) some media loads correctly via CDN (example: https://www.hartleshkina.com/commissioned-editorial/)
(2) some media doesn't load via CDN - the url strangely adds "www" before (example: https://www.hartleshkina.com/soft-rush-images/)
(3) some media only loads via our server, fully ignoring the CDN (example: https://www.hartleshkina.com/ - homepage)
We have already enquired with the Offload Media team about this and they're looking into delivery issues - but given this only happened after updating Lay Theme, we suspect something is rewriting the URLs of our media.
Their feedback is as below:
- I looked at one of the posts, and an issue I see is that it looks like the Gridder plugin is saving the re-written version of the Media Library item, instead of the origina Media Library URL. It's possible the plugin or code isn't using standard WordPress functions to save the images.
- I would recommend contacting the developers of Gridder if there's a way to use standard WordPress functions to save the Media Library URLs.
- Kindly check the code that displays the images on the frontend (not sure if it's still Gridder) and modify it so that the extra www is not added.
Maybe you have a condition in the code to add the www if the URL does not have it?
Hoping we can hear back on what can be causing this URL rewriting - which is also affecting our backend, not only the frontend. Thanks.
will release an update later today that should fix this!
can you send your website address, /wp-admin/ username and password and a link to this topic to email@example.com?
today i will release an update that fixes this
@arminunruh wow! Thank you thank you thank and thank you!!!! that was super-quick&does the trick!
...unfortunately, the Marquee-element also suffers from the same issue: Pictures not showing up, an extra www inserted, which does not work together with wp-offload-media.
ok can u update lay theme now and see if it works?
I don't answer or check forum DMs, please just post on the forum.
Before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. When using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache. Now see if your problem solved itself.
Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it