MIGRATING 'customize' SETTINGS FROM CHILD-THEME to main theme
Dear LayTheme team,
I have an old site, in which I used a child theme for laytheme (when it was still possible). Now, when I've upgraded to the new version that doesn't allow child-theme anymore, all the settings from "Customize" menu are gone.
Is there a way to bring all those precious settings from the customize menu of the child theme to the main one (except of copying them manually)?
Thanks in advance,
i think in wordpress, customize settings are saved by the name of the theme
so i think if your theme was called for example:
then you can rename the folder "lay" to "lay-child" and then it should get the settings (in /wp-content/themes/)
lay theme never really supported child themes
@arminunruh Very interesting. Thanks, I'll try this method.
I don't answer or check forum DMs, please just post on the forum.
Before you post:
Use the Search Feature. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue.
1. Update Lay Theme and all Lay Theme Addons
2. Disable all Plugins
3. Go to Lay Options → Custom CSS & HTML, click "Turn Off All Custom Code ", click "Save Changes"
4. When using a WordPress Cache plugin, disable it or clear your cache. Now see if your problem solved itself.
Go here, see if your problem is listed here:
When you post:
1. Post a link to where the problem is
2. If the problem is difficult to explain, post screenshots / link to a video to explain it