accordion custom icon on hover
-
Dear @arminunruh and team,
I would kindly ask to have a custom icon for the accordion element on title hover.
This could be used as a (+/-) = READ MORE/LESS if the layout doesn't allow you to collapse a whole row.
I hope you’ll be able to integrate this feature easily. Many thanks in advance!
-
do u mean a custom icon should appear on hover?
there is already a icon, it just doesnt change on hover
so the request is that a icon can change on hover?do u have a design of the different states, like what will be shown on hover when sth is expanded, or collapsed and so on?
-
it may be easier if you would create a custom element with AI
you can check out how to it here for lay theme -
It would be great to have an element that works like collapsing rows, where some text and a “READ MORE” button are visible, and clicking it reveals the remaining text and changes the button to “READ LESS”. I’d like this function within a single element that can be placed next to an image in the same row.
-
sorry about the late response!

i think here, we need "Words" as an icon type, and then basically its just the accordion element you need!
and the 2 texts can be set by yourself and be "Read more" and "Read less" -

it will be like this
-
hey there. I think it would probably be easier if you would let AI code this element for you.
https://laytheme.com/tutorials/ai-mode.html
Here is the tutorial about how to connect your Claude or ChatGPT subscription (if you have one) to your Lay Theme.
And then you can just tell it to create a custom element where you can enter text, click on "Read More", and then you can describe to it how exactly you want the element to behave.
Because, honestly, I think your idea is really good. I just didn't really get requests like that too often before. I have to work on quite a lot of other things right now, and I'm not sure if I would code this element for you. I'm not sure if people would actually use it a lot, but with the AI, you can make it so you get the exact thing you want.